What type of massage do you offer?
- Your massage is tailored to you and it is likely that your massage will include various types of massage styles. Please see the differing types available on our massage styles page. Our massage therapists cover a range of therapies and we will try to match the therapist to your needs and specifications.
- Our massage is strictly non-sexual.
Where do you travel?
- We aim to cover the whole of Adelaide CBD and metropolitan area. If we do not have a therapist in your area, a travel surcharge may apply.
When are you open and when can I book?
- Our massage service operates 7 days a week 9am – 9pm.
- Our office is open to answer your questions and take bookings Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
How do I book a massage?
- It’s easy to organise a massage booking and just as easy to organise an ongoing massage program.
- Just contact us and we will ask you a few questions to determine your massage requirements and help you get started.
What does your massage therapist bring?
- For home bookings our fully qualified therapist will bring a massage table, towels and oils or specialised lotions, relaxing music and a health record form for you to complete. All you have to do is to provide a suitable space (usually a lounge room is best for size) and wear loose comfortable clothing or a robe.
- If you have booked our corporate massage service, we can bring a massage chair, portable desk top positioner or a massage table if required.
What can I expect at a booking?
- Other than an excellent massage – The therapist will arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. When the therapist arrives, they will ask you to complete a health record whilst they set up.
- Once the therapist has looked over your completed health record and discussed your requirements, you will be asked to undress, leaving on your underwear. The therapist at this time will either leave the room or will use towels to screen you. The massage will then take place for the designated time booked and once finished the therapist will promptly pack up and leave you feeling rejuvenated and restored.
When and how do I pay?
- Payment is required at the time the booking is made. If you are booking with Adelaide Mobile Massage for the first time we only accept payment by credit card: Mastercard, VISA or AMEX. Bank Transfer is also accepted but must be received by the booking date. Cash is only accepted for subsequent bookings.
Can I claim my massage through my private health insurance?
- If you are covered by your private health insurance for Remedial Massage or alternative therapies you will be able to claim a rebate. The massage therapist will give you a receipt at the time of your booking, which you can then claim a rebate through your health fund. Please contact your private health insurer for any further information.
Do you have both female and male therapists?
- Both male and female therapists are available. We will try to arrange a therapist of your choice, depending on availability, however cannot guarantee this. All our therapists are highly qualified individuals and will endeavour to deliver a excellent service every time.
Will massage therapy hurt?
- Massage therapy shouldn’t hurt. Occasionally there is mild aching when the massage therapist applies pressure over “knots” and other areas of muscle tension. If the pressure is too strong for you, let the massage therapist know. You may expect some soreness especially if you have a remedial or sports massage a few day after. If it prolongs past this we advise you see a GP.
Do I have to undress?
- As massage is generally best done by using either an oil or lotion, undressing to your underwear is best. It is our policy you must wear your underwear at all times.
- Towels are provided and all our therapists have professional draping skills. Areas of the body that are not being massaged are well covered.
- Some therapies such as Bowen Therapy are best done clothed.
- With corporate seated massage clothing is not required to be removed with the exception of jackets, heavy jumpers or ties which are best removed or loosened for your comfort.
- The therapist will always respect your privacy, and modesty.
Can I get a massage whilst Pregnant?
- Yes massage is safe to have massage during the 2nd and 3rd trimester of your pregnancy. However, massage is not recommended during the first trimester. It is always advisable to speak with your doctor first before having a massage any time during your pregnancy.